Title: This Isn’t Over, Baby
Author: K. Webster
Series: War & Peace #3
Genre: Dark Romance
Release Date: August 30th 2016
They’d won the battle and I held up the white flag of defeat…
But the war wasn’t OVER.
I suffered the aching loss of what they had stolen from me.
OVER and OVER again, my heart broke.
The white Queen and the black King had taken OVER the game
and ruled for what seemed like eternity.
Until one day, eternity was finally OVER.
I was the dark knight who would rise again and conquer.
I was the man who would win OVER the most important piece on the board.
A slayer. A protector. A father.
A new king with the blackest of hearts.
And head OVER heels in love with…
The little princess who owned my twisted soul.
Sometimes the villains don’t just want their happy ending…
They demand it.
This isn’t OVER, baby.
This will never be OVER.
This Isn’t Over, Baby is a dark romance. Strong sexual themes and violence which could trigger emotional distress are found in this story. This story is NOT for everyone.
5 Villains Need Love, too Stars
In This Is War, Baby and This Is War, Baby we learned a little about Gabriel Sharpe, the bad guy, the devil, the villain, the rapist, and many of us including me wanted a story about Gabe, because why not? Even villains need love and understanding. So when I received the ARC for This Isn’t Over, Baby I was the happiest person in the world, because K. Webster is one of my most favorite dark romance author ever.
Not to reveal to much of the story, I will give you as little as I can, because with a book like this one, everything is a spoiler.
In the very beginning of the story, we get a look into Gabe’s past. We get to see what made Gabe the man he is today. For most of his childhood years he lived in hell his father created, so to escape that hell, he needed to be ruthless, stronger than his father, he needed to become a monster.
For almost nineteen years, he has been watching his daughter grow up without her real father, her biological father. What his daughter never knew was that her father was never far away, always keeping close eye on his baby girl. Until one night changes everything, the night Gabe finds his love, not knowing she’s as crazy as him, Harley Quinn to his Joker.
You know it’s you.
It’s always been you.
You’re my world.
That’s the night the rollercoaster starts, with so many twists and turns that will make your head spin, give you whiplash and engulf you with it’s darkness. In this story, the many question we had are answered but also many of them are thrown in. This Isn’t Over, Baby will succeed your wildest imaginations.
With every K. Webster book, I was more and more impressed. This Isn’t Over, Baby is not what I expected. I didn’t expect the direction this story took. I was blown away. I didn’t even see it coming. Kristi always writes books that are 100% original and with This Isn’t Over, Baby is no different, that’s the one reason why I love Krista’s books but main reason is, that every book I read from her is unlike anything I have ever read. I highly recommend this book to everyone who is open-minded and who loves a good dark romance.
• My favorite quotes •
- A life without you is no life at all. I can assure you, I will die before you…because I can’t mentally fathom something happening to you or being here without you. My mind would crush in on itself. If you needed to breathe, I’d give my last breathe. All for you, sweet girl.
- Sometimes we have to hurt the one we love in order to keep them.
- I’m no longer that girl. Because now I am his. I belong to Hades. I am Persephone.
- Love is a wicked little creature. It slithers into your life and sinks it’s teeth into you whether you like it or not. Love doesn’t care about social norms and boundaries. Love takes whatever the fuck it wants.
- Gabe is this dark thunderstorm that came up over my horizon, decimated everything in his path, and swept me away with his torrential presence. Who needs light when the dark nourishes your entire being?
- I’ll follow you anywhere. Even into the darkness. Especially into the darkness.
- I mark her as mine because she is. All mine. Even when she’s being a crazy bitch.
- “I’ll go to hell one day for all of this.”
“I’ll go with you.”
“You don’t belong in hell, sweet girl. You’re an angel.”
“I’m no angel.”
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
K Webster is the author of dozens of romance books in many different genres including contemporary romance, historical romance, paranormal romance, and erotic romance. When not spending time with her husband of twelve years and two adorable children, she’s active on social media connecting with her readers.
Her other passions besides writing include reading and graphic design. K can always be found in front of her computer chasing her next idea and taking action. She looks forward to the day when she will see one of her titles on the big screen.
You can easily find K Webster on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, and Goodreads!